Volunteers are the life blood of the Horn Farm Center for Agricultural Education. Thousands of volunteer hours transformed a dream into reality! All of our programs and operations continue to be dependent on volunteer contributions. Volunteers come in regularly or for one-time events. In all seasons, we have work to do: work an event, weed the gardens, help with the harvest, take photos, or paint walls. At the end of the day, we are all part of the Horn Farm community! Will you join us?
If you’re interested in occasionally helping out, add your name to the volunteer list by submitting the form below. If you’re interested in a bigger project, or an ongoing position indicate that interest on the form and we will be in touch to find the perfect match between your interests and skills and the Horn Farm’s needs.
If you are interested in getting involved, we have opportunities to fit your schedule and talents!
Some projects with which we need help:
- repair the bluebird boxes
- paint Horn Farm Center sign posts
- paint picket fence
- monitor the bluebird boxes during the nesting season
- construct hoop house (group project)
- lead tours of the Horn Farm Center for school and community groups (training provided)
- Pollinator Garden Steward
- Kitchen Garden Steward
- Farmhouse Garden Steward
- Community Gardens Coordinator
- Summer Kitchen Work Crew
If any of these projects sound intriguing, please let us know!