Looking for a dynamic, full-body workout? Want to get outdoors and get your hands dirty? Interested in learning more about perennial plants, ecology, and protecting our local waterways? We have the perfect opportunity for you, AND we really need your help!
Join us at the Horn Farm, starting on April 11, 2021, for the workout of the year as we continue to break ground on our 6 acre riparian buffer project. Get “riparian ripped” and help us prepare the ground for the installation of over 10,000 new multifunctional trees.
Activities will include:
- moving, hauling and spreading leaves
- moving, hauling and spreading wood mulch
- digging using a broadfork
- planting trees once they are available (digging planting holes, moving supplies and water, coordinating plantings, ect.)
Trees are available for planting based on the nursery supplier’s schedule. We do not have an exact delivery date at this time. Once we have the trees on site, we will need to move forward quickly with planting. We currently have 7 volunteer days scheduled for this project, which will largely focus on ground prep. There will be more volunteer and planting dates scheduled throughout the spring.
Are you up for the challenge? Let us know when you can help by signing up for your volunteer days below (click to register):
- Sunday, April 11th 11:30am-3:30pm – RESCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, APRIL 18, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 14th 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, April 21st 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, April 28th 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, May 5th 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Friday, May 7th 11:00am-4:00pm – Give Local York Triple 10 Challenge
- Wednesday, May 12th 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, May 19th 12:00pm-4:00pm
Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and please bring your own garden gloves.
A note on Covid-19 procedures:
Multiple hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the farm. All tools, equipment and facilities are disinfected regularly to protect the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, farmers and staff.
Participant expectations are as follows:
- Participants are required to bring a mask and wear when proper physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Except in case of family members, physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained.
- Do not attend if sick or recovering.