Foraging is the act of finding and gathering wild foods. By engaging in this age-old practice, we can provide ourselves with healthy and abundant food and medicine, become more self-reliant, and connect on a much deeper level to the landscape in which we live.
2021 Foraging Class Offerings (click to register):
Intro to Foraging Seasonal Series with Elizabeth Davidson, Forage Culture (Beginner)
- Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 5pm
- Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 6pm
- Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 6 pm
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 5pm
Women’s Intro to Foraging Seasonal Series with Elizabeth Davidson, Forage Culture (Beginner)
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 5pm
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6pm
- Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 6pm
- Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 6pm
Seasonal Foraging Plant Walk Series with Jon Darby, Riverbend Foraging (Beginner to Experienced)
- Spring Plant Walk: Saturday, March 27 at 10am
- May Plant Walk: Saturday, May 22 at 9am
- Summer Plant Walk: Thursday July 22 at 6pm
- Wild Tea & Other Drinks: Saturday, September 11 at 9am
- Roots for Wild Coffee & More: Saturday, November 20 at 10am
- Winter Offerings: Saturday, December 11 at 10am
Horn Farm Center Health and Safety Policy
Due to COVID-19 the Horn Farm Center is offering on-site educational programming with some modifications in order to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff. All classes will be held outside and are limited to 15 participants per class. If more than one class occurs on the same day, start times will be staggered to reduce the number of individuals arriving at the same time. Multiple hand sanitizer stations are available. We will adjust as needed as time passes and things change.
Participant expectations are as follows:
- Participants are required to bring a mask and wear it when proper physical distancing cannot be maintained. We have a limited supply on hand if you forget yours.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained except in case of family members.
- Do not attend if sick or recovering.
Until further notice, no indoor classes are available at this time. We are offering virtual classroom experiences via zoom.