Making a List & Checking It Twice – Other Ways to Give to the Horn Farm
Are you looking for a creative way to support the Horn Farm Center this year? Consider giving an in-kind gift to the farm! In-kind donations of physical goods are tax-deductible. We have a long list of tool and equipment needs that will help us improve our ability to grow healthy food, restore our natural ecosystems and teach others to do the same.
Take a look at our “Holiday Wish List!”
- Garden & Farm Tools (rakes, shovels, and cultivators)
- Hand Tools (hammers, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Mechanical Tools (wrenches, ratchets, etc.)
- Woodworking Tools & Equipment
- Garden Carts & Wheelbarrows
- Farm Equipment & Landscaping Equipment
- Farm Vehicles including a pick-up truck and a farm utility vehicle
Do you have used tools and equipment that you would like to donate to the Horn Farm Center? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 717-757-6441.
In this time of great uncertainty, there’s a fundamental truth that gives us hope—that together we can do extraordinary things!
The Horn Farm Center is supported by a community of dedicated volunteers, partner farmers, CSA members, community gardeners, program participants, local businesses, and long-time supporters. Here are some of the ways that you are making an impact:
- In 2019-2020, we trained 7 new land stewards through the Horn Farm Center’s signature Regenerative Farmer Training Program.
- In 2019, our educators provided approximately 650 class participants with immersive educational experiences on the farm!
- The Horn Farm CSA continues to feed an average of 40 families each year and partners with 5 local farmers – making the Horn Farm farm stand a community hub for nutritious food!
- As of this year, all of our farmers have transitioned to employ only organic and regenerative farming practices on the 186 acres of the Horn Farm.
Click here to learn more about how YOU have made an incredible impact with the Horn Farm!
Horn Farm Center is Now on YouTube! Click here to Subscribe
In the face of this year’s challenges, we have discovered that we are much more resilient than we knew we once were. We are very excited about the future of the Horn Farm Center and hope that you are too. As a member of our community, your participation is vital. Together we can make a difference and transform the way we feed our communities and steward our land for generations to come.
If you are in a position to support the Horn Farm Center this year, please consider making a financial contribution either by check or online: visit our website to donate at hornfarmcenter.org/donate or become a patron of the Horn Farm at patreon.com/hornfarm
NOTICE: Due to the rising concern with COVID-19 in York County and Governor Wolf’s state-wide mandates, the Horn Farm Center is temporarily closed to all visitors until further notice. We anticipate being able to resume modified business hours sometime next year and we are currently accepting registrations for outdoor classes and workshops scheduled for 2021.
Please contact email@example.com or call 717-757-6441 for questions or more information.
See you at the farm next year!
Horn Farm Center’s Healthy & Safety Policy:
Classes will be held outside and are limited to 10 participants per class. If more than one class occurs on the same day, start times will be staggered to reduce the number of individuals arriving at the same time. Multiple hand sanitizer stations are available. We will adjust as needed as time passes and things change. Participants are required to bring a mask and wear when proper physical distancing cannot be maintained. Except for family members physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained.