You Gave Local and We Thank You!
We are humbled by our community. Last Friday, thanks to YOUR gifts and service, and with the help of $10,000 in matching funds and prizes from 7group, we reached and surpassed our goals for Give Local York! Here’s what our friends and supporters accomplished as part of the Horn Farm’s #Triple10KChallange:
- Raised a total of $22,875
- 121 donors – nearly doubling the number of donors for Give Local York since 2020!
- Ranked #34 on the Give Local York Leaderboard
- 15 volunteers helped to plant over 600 trees at the Horn Farm on Friday, May 7th
- Over 60 volunteers have helped to plant nearly 2,000 trees at the Horn Farm this spring – achieving 20% of our goal of planting 10,000 trees!
In addition to supporting the completion of our 6-acre multifunctional riparian buffer project, your contributions will allow us to develop management practices and educational programming for this new agroforestry system.
To all our donors, volunteers, friends and supporters – we can’t thank you enough for your investments of time and resources into Horn Farm. Together we are redefining agriculture and making a positive impact on the health of our local ecosystems.
Over 2000 trees planted, 8000 more to go!
A HUGE THANKS to our dedicated volunteers who have come out on sunny, rainy, and windy days to help plant trees at the Horn Farm. Together we are installing a 6-acre multifunctional riparian buffer that will protect our waterways and revolutionize the way we practice farming in York County. We couldn’t do this work without you!
Horn Farm Center Health and Safety Policy
Due to COVID-19 the Horn Farm Center is offering on-site educational programming with some modifications in order to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff. All classes will be held outside and are limited to 15 participants per class. If more than one class occurs on the same day, start times will be staggered to reduce the number of individuals arriving at the same time. Multiple hand sanitizer stations are available. We will adjust as needed as time passes and things change.
Participant expectations are as follows:
- Participants are required to bring a mask and wear it when proper physical distancing cannot be maintained. We have a limited supply on hand if you forget yours.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained except in case of family members.
- Do not attend if sick or recovering.
Until further notice, no indoor classes are available at this time. We are offering virtual classroom experiences via zoom.