This outdoor movement class is informed by the various tasks one might find themselves doing in the garden, in the wild spaces around their house or local park, or just while living their lives. The main goal is to begin to develop a new “movement lens” and to build physical resilience by moving, breathing, and observing. Join us for this one-of-a-kind class as we explore natural movement, breathwork, specific body part exercises, functional/dynamic movements and restorative stretches.
Throughout the class we aim to cover a variety of objectives such as:
- A chance to connect with the natural environment
- Opportunity to develop tools to become more resilient movers
- Honing a ground up approach to strengthening and mobilizing ankles, knees, hips, back, and shoulders
- Performing dynamic movement groupings that get hearts rate up and blood flowing
- Mastering breathing cues that allow for efficiency and ease and promote energy and wellbeing
- Implementing restorative stretches that address tightness and soreness so we can keep moving well day after day