Virtual Class Offerings with the Horn Farm Center
Learn about regenerative practices from the comfort of your own home! Connect with Horn Farm’s experts and other guest instructors in a virtual but conversational format. This year the Horn Farm Center will be offering a variety of online and virtual classes via zoom. Unlike most online presentations, Horn Farm Center’s virtual classes are an opportunity to learn while engaging with other classmates on screen.
2021 Virtual Class Offerings (Click to Register):
Evening Educational Series
Thursday Evenings at 7pm with Dale Hendricks of Green Light Plants
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 – John Hershey, Friend of Trees: PA’s Agroforestry Pioneer
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 – The Rest of the Story: Soil, Carbon, Water, Climate and Agriculture (registration coming soon)
Lunch & Learn Series
Wednesdays at Noon with Elyse Jurgen of Waxwing EcoWorks Co.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021 – Native Plants for Winter Interest & Wildlife
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 – Powerhouse Natives for Wildlife
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 – Native Medicinal & Edible Plants
Horn Farm Center Health and Safety Policy
Due to COVID-19 the Horn Farm Center is offering on-site educational programming with some modifications in order to ensure the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff. All classes will be held outside and are limited to 15 participants per class. If more than one class occurs on the same day, start times will be staggered to reduce the number of individuals arriving at the same time. Multiple hand sanitizer stations are available. We will adjust as needed as time passes and things change.
Participant expectations are as follows:
- Participants are required to bring a mask and wear it when proper physical distancing cannot be maintained. We have a limited supply on hand if you forget yours.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained except in case of family members.
- Do not attend if sick or recovering.